Permaculture Lockyer Valley Inc.
Our group was first established as an incorporated, not-for-profit association in 2014. This was following a public meeting held at the Stockyard Creek Hall on 1 February, 2014. This formation meeting was chaired by Peter Darvall with 14 community members present.
An application was then made under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981, and we received our Certificate of Incorporation number IA41971 dated 2 May 2014.
We now have an active group of financial members and more than 650 members of our Public Facebook Group.
As an incorporated association, we have Rules that have been approved under the Associated Act 1981. These Rules require us to have a Management Committee that is elected each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Management Committee Members are all volunteers who meet regularly and work within the PLV Rules to ensure the effective functioning of Permaculture Lockyer Valley Inc.
In addition to this website, we have a Public Facebook Group as a place for you to connect with others, share interesting ideas and exciting projects, and learn and be inspired together.
Our central focus is on Permaculture Ethics and Principles, along with the practical application of these in our daily lives. The aim is to support each other and build our individual and collective resilience, knowledge and skills.
We welcome discussion on Permaculture topics:
- Land and Nature Stewardship
- Building and Passive Solar Design
- Tools and Technology
- Education and Culture
- Health and Spiritual Well-Being
- Finances and Economics
- Land Tenure and Community Governance
We also encourage you to ask questions, share tips and online resources, and upload your photos. We enjoy seeing:
- Images of gardens, plants, food, retrofitting, upcycling and your many creative projects
- Recipes, plans, charts, lists and guides
- Examples of Permaculture Designs
- Ideas, concepts, case studies and examples that showcase achievements and highlight possibilities
Within the tenets of People Care we celebrate the diversity of our members. Therefore, when interacting in person, via electronic communications or on our Facebook Group we ask you to:
- Be respectful, inclusive and sensitive to others
- Have honest, friendly and positive interactions
- Be helpful, curious and thoughtful
- Promote a safe and informative online experience
- Handle sensitive issues in private via a personal message or private conversation
- Protect individual privacy and be aware of confidentiality
- Keep all posts aligned to the purpose of our group
- Limit the promotion of events, products or services to those specifically relevant to this group, and to no more often than once per week.
- Always acknowledge the original work and intellectual property of others. Share original posts, name the authors of quotes, and identify all sources of diagrams and images that are not your own.