Connect and Learn: Native Australian Medicinal Plants
14 January, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Connect and Learn
on the second Monday evening of each month during 2019 at the historical
Grantham Butter Factory
6 Victor Street, Grantham
Monday 14 January 2019
Native Australian Medicinal Plants
Kemp Killerby, Flora 4 Fauna – Australia
Kemp will highlight:
- The useful endemic medicinal plants that are naturally found in South-East Queensland
- Their traditional and contemporary uses
- How they can be successfully grown in your own backyard
- How to create and nurture your very own native bush pharmacy
A range of Native Medicinal Plants will be available for sale from $5 – $10 each (cash only please).
Kemp has a love of nature inspired by his father and grandfather, and extensive experience studying and working in sustainable food production and native Australian bushfoods. Through Flora 4 Fauna, his community-based educational service, Kemp now spends his time encouraging people to use native food sources by hosting eco tours, presenting talks and workshops, native plant sales and sustainable bushfood and biodiversity projects.
We encourage you to bring surplus produce, plants, seeds, books and resources to share with others. Members and visitors are free to take whatever you need, and welcome to bring whatever you can within our culture of generosity and caring.
Members – Free
First-time Visitors to PLV – Free
Non-Members – $10
- 6.30 pm – Share Table – Connect
- Please bring your surplus produce, plants, seeds, books or tools to share with others.
- 7.00 pm – Presentation – Learn
- 8.00 pm – Light Supper – Connect
Annual PLV membership is $40 per person or $70 per family, and membership forms will be available on the night for anyone wishing to join.
Off-street and disabled parking is available. Everyone is welcome (including children with parent supervision). We hope we see you there!