- This event has passed.
Connect and Learn: RetroSuburbia
11 February @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Connect and Learn
on the second Monday evening of each month during 2019 at the historical
Grantham Butter Factory
6 Victor Street, Grantham
Monday 11 February 2019
Debbie Bassingthwaighte, Optimise Learning
Debbie had the great privilege of attending a RetroSuburbia Masterclass with David Holmgren and also a RetroSuburbia Facilitators Course, so she’ll share insights and key concepts from this exciting book.
- RetroSuburbia brings to life David’s vision of a sustainable, productive and vibrant permaculture lifestyle in the suburbs where we live.
- Learn practical and positive solutions for retrofitting our homes, gardens and households, and to build and empower resilient individuals and communities.
Debbie is a teacher and designer with a deep interest in permaculture-inspired self-reliance and resilience. Motivated by vivid childhood memories of tasting food plucked fresh from the garden, she enjoys growing abundant organic produce with her husband Brodie in their own backyard. With an insatiable curiosity and passion for learning, she’s been an educator for almost 40 years, and feels privileged to empower others. Debbie’s home-based practice, Optimise Learning, provides personalised, one-on-one, literacy teaching (including dyslexia) for children and adults, and professional mentoring and support to facilitators as they design and deliver innovative, engaging workshops and courses.
We encourage you to bring surplus produce, plants, seeds, books and resources to share with others. Members and visitors are free to take whatever you need, and welcome to bring whatever you can within our culture of generosity and caring.
Members – Free
First-time Visitors to PLV – Free
Non-Members – $10
- 6.30 pm – Connect – Place items on Share Table
- Please bring your surplus produce, plants, seeds, books or tools to share with others. Take what you need, share what you can.
- 7.00 pm – Discussion – Learn
- 8.00 pm – Light Supper – Connect – Select from Share Table
Annual PLV membership is $40 per person or $30 for the second member living in the same household (therefore $70 for two family members), and membership forms will be available on the night for anyone wishing to join.
Off-street and disabled parking is available. Everyone is welcome (including children with parent supervision). We hope we see you there!