Safeguarding Your Privacy
Why Your Privacy Is Important to Us
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what website or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, SMS or digital messenger (“Electronic Communications”), we may retain the content of your messages together with your email address, phone number or user name and our responses. We provide the same protections for these Electronic Communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail, and telephone. This also applies when you register or sign up through any of our forms using your email address on this Site. For further information see the email policies below.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our outreach campaigns).
We are committed to keeping your email address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in the section titled Sharing Your Information.
We will maintain the information you send via email in accordance with applicable laws.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all emails sent from our organization will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all email messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further email communication from us.
Our emails provide you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the email you receive from us at any time.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
Sharing Your Information
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our members use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Finally, we may provide your information to any successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Organisation’s assets and/or business.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your GDPR Rights
If you are a resident in the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Those rights include:
- The right to request access to your data that the Organisation stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- The right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- The right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to the Organisation’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
- The right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you opt-in through the Site, we will maintain your Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you are less than 18 years, we request that you not use the Site, as the Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of their features, do not register on the Site, do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site, and do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions or concerns, we welcome and encourage you to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective as of 29 May 2018.